Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A late night post...

Just a late night post to tell you what I've been up to today. I've kinda gone off course and started working on something else which will be assembled in September. I'm taking a quillow workshop and we need to have 12 blocks ready for the day, so I decided to use some blocks that I've had tuck away for some time. These 6 blocks were sent to me as part of a swap I did with some ladies from an IRC chat room. In fact..some of the makers might still be out there reading my blog thinking..gosh that looks familiar. I'm making another 6 (4 which are shown below) and then adding borders to bring them up to size for the workshop.





Then tonight I sat down and watch "How to make an American Quilt" with my daughter...such a good movie and one that I don't mind watching over and over.


5 comments:

Marisa said...

Your blocks are very sweet. I love that movie too...it may be time for me to re-watch it soon myself! Good idea! Thanks.

anne bebbington said...

I made quillows for my 19yo niece and 16yo nephew for Christmas last year - my sister said when they opened the parcels and saw cushions they were spectacularly unimpressed until they realised they unfolded, apparently my niece spent all Christmas Day afternoon on the sofa in front of the tv under the quilt with her feet in the cushion pocket - it is my intention to make them for Nigel's nephew and two nieces for Christmas this year

Anina said...

I love that movie. Maybe I'll rent it this weekend...

Karol-Ann said...

I've never made a quillow, always wanted to, but not very good at written instructions (that maths thing LOL). I look forward to seeing what you come up with with these nice blocks.

katelnorth said...

Oh, I should watch that again - it's been ages - thanks for reminding me of it! And glad you are feeling better (hope this doesn't jinx it)...