Thursday, July 05, 2007

While the rain pours...

I've been sewing. There has got to be a silver lining to all this rain and that is that I'm getting some sewing done. Normally life is full to busting with outdoor activities at this time of year, but alas with all this blooming rain...it's like winter all over again.

So..or "Sew" this is what I cut out and sewed yesterday. It is part of a larger project which I'll show you in due coarse.
Until next time...and for those with water...hope you are keeping dry and those of you without...send us your sun!!!

8 comments:

atet said...

Wish I could send you some of the sun (and humidity) we've been having. Keep dry. But at least you've had time to play with those lovely blocks!

Karol-Ann said...

I get less sewing done when it rains! When the sun shines DH takes DS1 to the park or for walks and I can sneak some sewing in. But when it rains like today I get nothing done.

Love the colours in your new blocks - whatever will this be?

Fiona said...

Intriguing ... I am so tired of the rain. Maybe I need to imagine I've just been stranded in the desert to feel better about it.

Anina said...

I'm sorry to hear about all the rain. We're having a wonderful sunny week for a change. I'll try and send you some.

Helen said...

We could use some down here in New Zealand as well. Just had the first week of the school holidays and it has rained EVERY day! Well, it is winter so I suppose I can't expect much else.

pamina said...

Rain, rain, here too....bad summer...but your blocks are lovely !

anne bebbington said...

Lovely fabric choices for those blocks Jane - I'm not going to say this too loud in case we're overheard but the sun is shining in Taunton as I write - who knows how long it will last - the forecast is okayish for Fri/Sat but then back to rain on Sunday - yeuchhh!!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Love your blocks! Too bad we can't so a weather swap -- we really need your rain and you really need our sun!