Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Playing catch up

I've been so busy the last week or so I just haven't had time to write a proper post. I've been busy taking pictures, but before today I just didn't have time to upload them and write something sensible to go with them...ok I still might not write something sensible..but at least you've got some pretty pictures to look at :o)
On Sunday, June 24th my family and I dodged the raindrops to visit the Market Bosworth Festival. Of course, part of my motivation to venture out in the wet weather was to see the quilts by the Market Bosworth Quilters and to meet Sarah Jayne...anything to meet a fellow blogger! Their exhibition was fantastic with a very high quality of work. There must be some very talent people living in that beautiful part of the country. If you want to see Sarah Jayne's post about the festival click here.

While visiting the Festival we also got to see this beautiful fox...

...and on the way home my husband and I were compelled to take a picture of this abandoned tractor...

...that's us waiting in the car!

This past weekend we went to Stoke-on-Trent to visit the in-laws. While we were there we visited a local school fĂȘte and I bought another sewing machine! (That makes 3 ...one for each girl in the house) This time my purchase was for my youngest and I paid a whooping 50p for this toy sewing machine. It took some fiddling and an old sewing machine needle to get it working. It does a chain stitch which is useless for any real sewing, but at least she can have fun and sew side by side with me.

Weather...everyone's favourite topic...too much rain, not enough rain...well I wanted to share with you some spectacular pictures I've taken of the rain in the last couple of days...and it is set to continue... (click the image to enlarge it..can you see those raindrops bouncing off the picnic table!!...and look how dark the sky got today!)

And lastly...some pretty flower pictures...cheery aren't they.

5 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

I've been hearing all about your rain - hope it cheers up soon. Love your photo's and especially the bottom left in the first one - I have another colourway of that in my "quilting ideas" album, a nice easy block which would look great is any fabric. Keep dry!

Sarah Jayne said...

Thanks for the lovely write up Jane (and the plug for my blog) - it was great to meet you and your family. I'm sure we'll meet up again soon.

Thimbleanna said...

Boy -- a full write up! Quilt show looks fun -- and love the picture of the little fox -- he's so pretty. Please send rain to us -- I think you've had enough now and we're dry as a bone! ;-) Loved your rain pictures too!

Bird on a wire said...

I remember a tamed fox when I was small. Not very tame but tame enough to go on a lead like that.
How old is your daughter? Mine started on my Bernina (it was my old 807) when she was about 6. I used to cut up long lengths of check fabric and she used to try and keep on the line. The foot control had to go on a plastic box under the table and she had loads of cushions.

Tanya said...

Love your rain pictures! Actually very cheery! We've had rain for days too! Rainy season you know and you wonder if you'll have to wash the clothes again because instead of drying they feel like they're just molding...