Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Here's this afternoon's efforts



The blocks are 12" finished and the pattern came straight out of EQ6. I printed the pattern pieces onto freezer paper and the ironed it on to the fabric, layered up the four layers, pinned and then cut them out very carefully with scissors. It was very easy to piece them and I wouldn't mind having another go as the secondary patterns would be quite interesting.

Life is quite busy at the moment as we end our school year in a couple weeks time. Plenty of end of school productions and award ceramonies to attend...I'm going to need a vacation to recover! :o)

7 comments:

anne bebbington said...

Oooh those are nice blocks Jane and you're right they will give off a really nice secondary pattern

Screen Door said...

Great blocks-- Awesome fabric choices...

Karol-Ann said...

Very nice indeed! I'm dreading the school holidays - however will I entertain the little ones? LOL.

Fiona said...

Very effective - but how can they have been easy to piece? They've got curves!

Anina said...

Ooh! Curves! I am so very scared of curves, and I love them so.

Nicole said...

I really like that block pattern. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. No reason to be afraid of curves! They are fun and not so difficult.

Paloma said...

precioso.