Sunday, June 17, 2007

Top Tip for Thread

I was organising my thread this afternoon when I thought..."hmm, I wonder how many people don't know about the nifty feature on their sewing thread?" Either you're all like me, who took six years to discover it or I'm just a bit slow :o)

Did you know that many of the sewing threads available have a built in feature to keep the end of your thread tidy. I have some YLI select thread and some Robison-Anton thread and they both have a bottom that snaps open for you to wind the end around and then snap shut.
Go on... I'll wait here while you check! TTFN

4 comments:

Kim West said...

I only just discovered that feature a few months ago -- after 7 years of quilting... so don't feel bad

Anina said...

Nope, I don't think my Coats thread has that feature. I suppose I'll just have to deal with loose threads...

kirsty said...

How embarrassing is this? I'd been quilting for maybe 15 years when one of my STUDENTS showed me that!! I had no clue :-)

Leigh said...

Never sen or heard of it but I only use Gutterman thread. What a great feature.