Thursday, June 14, 2007

Strawberries and Cream

This week The Bramble Patch in Weedon are having their Strawberries 'n Cream & 20th Birthday Fiesta. As part of that they gave away free fabric for you to make a small quilt to enter into their exhibition this week. You have already seen snippets of my entry over the last few months (here and here), but to not spoil the exhibition or sway any voters...I'll just show you the back. :o) I'm extremely pleased how well the quilting went on this project. I decided to do an all over cinnamon roll swirl. I got the idea from one of Kim Diehl's books and it will be a pattern I will use again. You start with a big circle and then spiral into the centre, then whoosh off to another area and repeat.

I also wanted to share with you my latest read. it's Kate Jacob's The Friday Night Knitting Club. I have only made it through a few pages, but so far it's managed to keep me interested. It's a great big fat book...so it should last me for the summer. I take ages to read anything! And to keep it quilting related...well I just substitute the knitting words for quilting words...knit shop becomes quilt shop etc... :o)

4 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

Can't wait to see the front!

Anina said...

Can't wait to see the front and detail on the quilting.
That sounds like a great book!

Guðrún said...

Thanks for stopping by at my place. Yes it is awfully dark in the wintertime but to sleep is no problem for me either it is light or dark, I just love the light. I can´t wait to see the front of your quilt.

Thimbleanna said...

But....But....I want to see the front! Soon I hope -- the back looks very intriguing. I love Kim Diehl, but don't recall reading about the stitch. Would love to see a close up!