Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Look what my camera was hiding!

Have you ever done that? Taken pictures on your camera of blog worthy things and then completely forget to post about them?!

Last Saturday, several of us from Rocheberie Quilters got together to work on some Linus blocks, tops and quilts. It was the first time I got my Bernie out of the house since I bought him on Ebay and gave him the proper test of portability! I'm happy to say he passed with flying colours. I worked on some lovely gingerbread men blocks (they'll crop up in a later post I'm sure) while several of the ladies worked on quilting and piecing blue scrap quilts. Chris finished her puzzle quilt..doesn't it look fab!

Meanwhile, I've been working with some homespuns..a first for me. This is the very early stages of a block I'm doing for an exchange. There is quite a bit of appliqué to be done, which I'm looking forward to doing..It's been ages since I've done any appliqué by hand, recently it's always been done on the machine.
Well I hope you're enjoying the mosaics..I have a few more planned.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

I do like the mosaics - they are like little mini 'mood boards' or whatever people call them (I know there is a proper name for a board where you pin pictures on a similar theme for inspiration but I'm blowed if I can remember what it is.) I must try some myself - I've got the instructions on how to do it, it's just getting round to it.

Carole said...

Nice quilts! One thing I found with home spun used as backing, it doesn't glide very well for machine quilting. My Against the grain quilt has home spun backing and I had to tape a slipery surface in order to be able to machine quilt it. I don't know if it has to do with the texture of the fabric or what. It is nice though. Thanks for sharing.

Leigh said...

Isn't the jigsaw quilt a great idea. It is so effective.

Esteemarlu said...

I love that puzzle quilt. What a great kid quilt.

Felicia said...

Lovely quilts. I especially like that puzzle quilt :)

Patti said...

Oh yes - love the mosaics! Great way to put up a bunch of pictures and still keep the post looking neat.

KT said...

That puzzle quilt is so cool! What a fab idea.