Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's in the bag...

I wanted to share with you a few things that I have been working on in the last few days.

Firstly, I made a little bag out of indigo fabrics using a pattern written by a fellow quilter from Lutterworth. It has a little pocket that closes with a button on the front, great for keep a small packet of paracetamol (Tylenol) and parking stubs. The main part of the bag has a snap closure. Only the front and back panels and the flap have wadding, so it's not too puffy. It is proving to be a very handy size and when my phone rings I can easily put my hand to it.

The second thing I've made was inspired by a free gift in my daughter's McDonald's happy meal!... Here's what she got...

Here's my version. I made it slightly wider to accommodate the credit cards and I added a see-through pocket for pictures and extra slots for my loyalty cards! I used my new binding foot on my machine to finish the edges on the pockets, but did the outer binding by hand.

Here it is all loaded and ready for use.

15 comments:

anne bebbington said...

Great bag and wallet Jane - nice to play with 'little' iems now and again even if they are faffy!

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Jane! And clever to adapt the wallet. I love the little blue bag -- such pretty colors.

Fiona said...

I recognise that bag! The little card holder is lovely.

gwen said...

I love these small things, so quickly made, like instant reward! I can see you are having fun as well. The bag looks lovely and very summerly. The wallet is a great idea as a give-away. I wonder if the fastfood store knows it is being so inspirational! Take care.

Bird on a wire said...

Love those indigos

Anina said...

Cute stuff! I love the wallet. What a great idea!

Leigh said...

How clever! Will your daughter want to steal the from you? lol.

Guðrún said...

Your bag is lovely, my colors :) You are so clever by making that wallet with a see through window and all kind of pockets. Great job.

atet said...

What a great way to adapt the wallet! Lovely.

Tanya said...

How clever you are to make the wallet with see through pockets to boot! MacDonalds' can't compete with you!

YankeeQuilter said...

what a handy wallet. The indigos ae great...blue and white are a favorite but I have problems cutting into them!

Connie said...

Jane, I like the style of the bag, it looks more purse-like than many patterns which are totes. It looks professionally made too and the colors are so nice. The second project is a great idea.

Carole said...

Wow, you've been busy! The bag and wallet are lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Your bag and wallet turned out really nice :O)...you did a very good job making that wallet just by looking at another one!

So McDonalds has invaded where you live as well.. tee hee... they seem to be everywhere anymore....

Shelina said...

Both the bag and the wallet look great! Very nice, and useful.