Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thread Mosaic

I found this neat website that allows you make mosaics using either your pictures from flickr or tags from flickr. This is what I came up with with the tag "thread". Neat eh?

I have no idea what the old buildings have to do with thread...but they still look nice. :o)


1. Alameda Flea Market - A bowl of vintage threads, 2. A button, 3. que sepa coser, que sepa bordar, 4. Delicate Temporality, 5. Delicate Temporality, 6. spools, 7. Delicate Temporality, 8. Untitled, 9. swan, i mean duck, 10. Heart, 11. Gaia, 12. Basket of Vintage Sewing Supplies, 13. Basket of Vintage Sewing Supplies14. Not available15. Not available16. Not available

4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I don't know why either, but I do know why... (If that makes sense...)

The buildings show up, because the person who uploaded the photo used the word "thread" as a tag. (It was probably a word in a sentence - or used as a verb instead of the noun.) Thanks for sharing the website - I have often wondered about how those were made.

YankeeQuilter said...

What a fun mosaic! Love the bowl of thread!

Sarah Jayne said...

You've been tagged - please check my blog for details....

Shelina said...

I'm going to make one of these mosaics. This one looks great!