Friday, April 06, 2007

We're on our way, we're on our way...

...on our way to Grandma's Farm.

Well, not quite, but I did take the children to Burnums Farm on the A5 yesterday and we had a most glorious day. It was picture perfect weather to do something so festive (Easter) as visiting the farm and feeding the animals.


(click to enlarge any of the pictures)

I had heard such wonderful things about Burnums Farm and my visit yesterday lived up to it. The entry price was very reasonable and the owners so pleasant. They had lambs which you can feed milk to from a bottle..something I'd never seen before and for me, the city girl, was the highlight of my day. There is a very large play area in for the children and picnic tables for lunch. There were goats to hand feed and donkeys to chat to. One in particular I thought was sweet. Her name is Diane and she listened very carefully to me as I talked to her...I just had to take a picture. Well, that "girl" probably has seen a few cameras and knew just what to do...almost as if to say, "let me get my head over this gate so you can get my best side"

All the animals were very friendly and obviously used to people. The grounds seem to go on forever and was a very peaceful day out. Just look at that scenery!

2 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

I have to find some children to borrow so I can visit a lambing day next weekend or go the Farm Park!

Sarah Jayne said...

Hi,

I'd just like to say I've been looking at your blog for a while now and wanted to let you knopw how much I like it. It's even got me to start up my own:
http://sarahquilter.blogspot.com/
I'll be in touch again soon as the group I belong to exhibits at our village festival and I hope that you and other members of the groups you're a member of would like to come along and see out show.

Thanks again
Sarah