Friday, April 13, 2007

A trip to Warwick

At the beginning of the Easter break I promised myself that I would get to Warwick to check out the exhibition at the museum and to visit The Quilter's Den, a new quilting shop that opened last month. Finally today, the last day of the Easter break, I got down there to visit.

As it happened, I parked fairly close to the Warwickshire Museum to see the exhibition by Leamside Textiles. This particular exhibition will be running until April 21st so there is a few days left if you are interested in going. It is a fairly small collection of work, but very well worth a visit if you are into the style of art quilts. The quilts on display are of a very high standard and although I'm not a huge fan of art quilts I could really appreciate the work and the stitching in those on display at the museum.

After a spot of lunch I went down to visit The Quilter's Den and after a lovely chat with the owner Anita I made some purchases...oh it was really hard to only buy a few things..she had so many lovely things. Anita explained that The Quilter's Den will be starting workshops (as of tomorrow) so if you are interested, give her a ring. All in all it was a fabulous day out...and a great way to end the week and the holidays.

8 comments:

amandajean said...

sounds like a fun day! any day that includes buying fabric tends to be a great day.

Connie said...

The shop looks just like something I would see in a movie. I love the old world architecture look and here in the midwest USA it's not something we see. Would love to visit there someday. :)

Sarah Jayne said...

Thanks for the info about the new shop and exhibition. I'm going to try to fit in a visit.
Am off to Branmble Patch later today.... Not too sure how strong my will power is and I amy well buy something.....

KCQuilter said...

What a lovely day you had in Warwick! And I really enjoyed your photos from the trip to the farm on Easter!

Screen Door said...

Neat Lady... Nice to meet you- Love your journal (who invented the word 'blog' anyway???). Great fabrics.

gwen said...

Your Trumpet stars look great and I agree with you the pieced background is a real plus. Sounds like a nice day in Warwick. Take care.

Wendy said...

What a fun road trip and a new shop as well. Thanks for the lovely pictures.

YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like a great day trip...now that the days are longer I can venture out to find some of these shops! Warwick is on my list.