Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Quilt "show" in my garden!

I woke up in the middle of the night and just couldn't go back to sleep. It was about 2:30 AM and all I could think about was the binding on my Lutterworth rows...so I figured since I was WIDE awake I might as well make good use of the time and tippy-toed down to the lounge, carefully closed the door and turned on the one light I needed to stitch by. I then turned on the TV with the sound just barely on and got to work on the finishing touches of the quilt that has been an on-going project since last year. I was amazed at the ridiculous shows that are shown at at ungodly hour of the night, but then settled on a documentary on the life of Edward VIII - He's the one that abdicated the throne to be with his true love, the American divorcée, Wallis Simpson; who incidentally shares my birthday - date only...not year :o) After that show ended I still had a bit of the binding to complete so I flipped through the channels and found another documentary...this time on Edward IV and the deep dark secret that actually he was an illegitimate son and that really our true King is a man that lives in the outback of Australia! Fascinating stuff! Well as you can see from the picture I got it finished, went to bed and got it washed and on the line first thing this morning.

We've had an absolutely fabulous day weather wise and I have made the most of it by grabbing every quilt from the beds and walls and got them on the line too. I love this time of year when everything gets freshened up and aired out. As you can see my whirly-gig is looking like a spinning quilt show!

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Now if I'd known you were going to have a quilt show I'd have hared off to Rugby to have a look! Seriously, don't quilts on a line look fantastic?

Quilting Diva said...

wow,such pretty quilts.

Leigh said...

I hope you managed to find a quiet little spot for a nap the next day :-)

Knot Garden said...

I love the photo of all the quilts on the line. It seems you are a prolific quilt maker! The colours of your latest quilt make me think of sherbet.
I recognise the Trumpet Stars pattern from the magazine. Cherie Ralston is one of my favourite designers. Your applique is beautifully done! I am looking forward to trying out her machine applique method sometime.
Thank you for your very nice comments on my blog!
Caroline

YankeeQuilter said...

Your photos reminded me of trips I used to take through Amish country in Pennsylvania. There were lots of quilts out on the lines!

paula, the quilter said...

The winds are so strong around here that if I put my quilts on a whirly-gig like that everything would end up in Kansas including the whirly-gig.

VERO said...

Hola !! Very pretty all your quilts. Seems that you are a very good quilt maker !!
Felicitaciones !! Saludos from Chile , Vero