Saturday, April 07, 2007

Push-Pins with Style

My daughter discovered a great tutorial on this blog on how to stylise your push-pins for your corkboard using fabric covered button kits from your local haberdashery. We made sixteen of them (8 for me and 8 for my daughter) in a very short time. I got my button kits from Dunelm and chose to use the 23mm metal ones as that matched my pushpins in size. I also bought the gadget to help wrap the fabric around and secure the backing. Here is another blog showing really cute push-pins made by another lady. It's really good fun.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ooohhh, I like your push pins. We should have a push pin club or something. ;-) I love your blog too -- quilting is really my first love (well, I love making clothes too) but all the fun on the blogs seems to have me a little sidetracked these days!

Quilt Nut said...

those are so neat! thanx for sharing the site