Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hair today...gone tomorrow!

I wouldn't normally post about my hair, but as Judy at Quilting with Ragdolls posted about her hair I thought I'd share my before and after. I've never bothered going to the hair salon to have my hair coloured before...normally I'd just buy something that looked ok on the box. But, I decided it was time to try something new. The interesting thing was that while I was having my hair coloured and streaked to cover the ageing grey hair, a girl of about 13 was having her hair streaked. It stuck me as being quite comical that we spend half our life colouring our hair to look older and then the other half colouring our hair to look younger! So when does that happen? What's that magic age? Hmmm...that's something to ponder!
I also wanted to share some pretty pictures I've managed to take over the last couple of weekends. The lilac is in my garden and the fragrance is wonderful and the other flowers are from my MIL's garden. We have had the warmest April in over a 100 years here in Britain.

10 comments:

Homespun Graphics said...

This is a very nice blog.

I, too, am amazed at how we constantly change our hair. Your title, Hair Today--Gone Tomorrow, is very true as we age also. While it gets thinner, it also becomes more wiry, thankfully, giving back some thickness through "frizzing"! It's all so much fun.

And with girls, I think the magical age for changing our hair is with us at birth!

Your flowers are gorgeous! And that sun hat you made for your daughter is so cool!

You have a great talent. Keep at it!!

Cj at Homespun Graphics Blogspot

Knot Garden said...

Your hair looks quite like mine from the back. I spend too much time trying to straighten mine though. Lovely flower photos!

Knot Garden said...

Forgot to say I love the hair colour!

anne bebbington said...

Your hair looks great - like the slightly shorter length too - I'm off for a shearing tomorrow - very unsure what to have done so will probably end up with the same old boring bleughhhh!

Thimbleanna said...

Your hair looks beautiful! Love the new color. And it's so funny about your warm spring -- we've been much colder here than usual. Our trees are just barely starting to bud -- we're so late this year. Usually by now we have fully leafed trees.

YankeeQuilter said...

I can't get over how beautiful the flowers have been here this year. The village is just covered in lilacs and apple blossoms.

Your hair came out great!

gwen said...

Very courageous of you to get your hair coloured. It was worth it though, I love the colour and the new lenght. Here as well the weather is going over the top and it is already much too warm. Take care.

Carole said...

Going to the hair salon is a treat for me. Mind you I'm not one that likes to linger there! I'm a in and out kind of girl! I colour my hair purely as a means of hiding my wisdom! lol

Deb said...

Looks great, and I love the waves!
Debbie

Shelina said...

You've got pretty hair - both colors! Besides color, the same goes with curliness. My sister who has straight hair, is always trying to get it to curl, and my daughter who has curly hair, is always trying to get hers straignt.