Friday, March 30, 2007

Trumpet Stars - the completed blocks

Today I got these appliqué blocks finished. I'm going to sash them with some square "on point" borders which I'm piecing Seminole style. If you want to see the early stages of this project you can read more about it here and here.

I've just been re-reading my post from yesterday and I've decided it's quite cryptic! So my apologies for that...I guess I was really excited! I should have explained. The March/April issue of Quilter's Home had a picture of Mark Lipinski on the front cover. While I had my back turned my lovely 4 year old decided to give Mark blue hair using a ballpoint pen. I mentioned this to Mark on his yahoo list and he thought it was very funny and asked me to send him a picture of my daughter with her "creation" This photo along with my letter is in editorial pages of the current Quilter's Home. (May/June) So when I said I finally had something I "made" in a quilting magazine...I was talking about my daughter! :o)

5 comments:

Fiona said...

They are very pretty blocks - just right for spring.

Leigh said...

Your blocks are very pretty. Look forward to seeing the next step.

anne bebbington said...

Jane - they are looking lovely - I really like the pieced background, it just adds a little something extra. I've never tried it - might have to have a go at something along those lines

Quilt Nut said...

so pretty. love the pieced background

paula, the quilter said...

So nice for a springy day. I've heard Annie Smith mention how nice Mark L. is and putting your daughter in the mag just proves it.