Sunday, March 25, 2007

Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters

This Saturday I spent my day at Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters. (the picture is some of the ladies looking at a beautiful Sunbonnet Sue quilt) It's a group here in Rugby that meet 6 times a year and it is always a fun day. Our speaker in the afternoon was Janet Cook who did her talk on "My life as a Quilter" She is a very entertaining speaker and if you get a chance to hear her you are in for a treat. Her style of quilting ranges from some lovely cute cats right through to some spectacular pictorial quilts. I found it particularly interesting that it was some Canadians that inspired her to start quilting...I always knew good things came from Canada :)
Our trader for the day was Crafts and Quilts who are located at the Heart of the Shires on the A5 just north of Weedon. I just couldn't resist a few purchases, which looking at now are quite floral...must be the effects of Spring.

No comments: