Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Project Number 2 Underway

Following on from my last post I've started piecing together the beginning of my challenge piece. I'm not sure how it's all going to look when it comes together as I'm still not thrilled with the prospect of using turquoise...especailly turquoise, orange and brown. I suppose they are "in" colours what with the revival of the 70's colour theme in fashion and home-wares; but I didn't like them much the first time around and I'm still not a big fan. I did pull all the colours from the main fabric (shown in the block on the left) which is called Siam from Makower as I've found that works for me.
I have to tell you about the "disaster" regarding the mariner's block in the middle. In my first attempt I had made poor colour choices and the points melted into the background. It was awful...even too awful to make it into the orphan box....and way too awful to post. I'm much happier with attempt #2.

Late Afternoon Update:

Just look at these blocks...they're only 4" finished and I think they are really cute. I'm feeling better about the project now.

4 comments:

anne bebbington said...

Love those dinky little 4" sawtooth stars - the smallest I've ever done is 6" - they're so sweet

Angie said...

I LOVE your little 4" blocks!!! They're just sooo cute...and your colors are yummy! :D

Blanca said...

They are very nice! I like it. The colours are very brights.

YankeeQuilter said...

What wonderful colors and soooo tiny!