Friday, February 16, 2007

Look what I've been up to

Last year two lovely ladies at Lutterworth Piecemakers designed a challenge in which we were given instructions each month to make a specific row. I took the challenge one step further by using colours that are very much out of my comfort zone. I had 1/2 a metre of some bright batik fabric which was the inspiration for the colour scheme and will be used for the borders. I machine quilted it using a quilt as you go method and I just need to quilt the borders and add them on to finish it off. I'm really pleased with the results.
(And yes, if you look closely in the bottom left, you can see my youngest. She managed to walk into the shot just as I took the picture :)

Also today, I needed to make a quick trip into town and decided to have a peek in one of the charity shops that I missed the other day. I bought 4 shirts, all of them around the £3 mark, and one of them a beautiful shibori effect. I couldn't believe my luck!







1 comment:

anne bebbington said...

More gorgeous shirt finds - I keep threatening to do a 'jumble sale' sometime soon to treasure hunt but haven't got round to it yet - love your latest quilt - like ice creams mixed with sweet peas, definitely a summer scheme