Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Project Linus

Just few pictures to share with you. I have promised the co-ordinator for Project Linus in Leicestershire that I will make a quilt from some t-shirt blocks that she had and some 4 oz wadding that had been donated. I decided instead of making 1 large quilt, that I could make 2 lap size quilts with the blocks and that 2 was better than 1.
One of the troubles with 4 oz wadding is that there is so much of it...so much loft! After struggling to even get it out of the bag, I decided the best approach would be to quilt each block individually and put them together using Sharon Pederson method of quilt as you go. Here's the
pile of them waiting for quilting inspiration to hit.

Speaking of Project Linus my eldest daughter came home last week announcing that she is participating in Activeight at her school. From what I understand, all the girls in her year group need to complete a series of tasks between now and June. They range from community involvements to being more active in their hobby and doing something for charity. I suggested she combine two of the tasks and make a quilt for Linus. Below is her choice of fabrics and the pattern from the Fons and Porter book Fat Quarter Friendly. Not bad eh?

No comments: