Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Only 6 days to go!!!!

Are you stressed yet? huh huh? I am slightly. I was a bit slow with my Christmas shopping and in hopes a stress free December. I ordered a number of things on-line. I thought it would be faster than trying to find everything in the shops. I don't like the crowds of shopping at the best of times and definitely don't like them in December. Well 2 items still haven't arrived! PANIC, panic. I know one of them should arrive today or tomorrow, but the second item had to dispatched again as the original order has gotten lost. The company has assured me I'll have it by the end of the week as they are going to ship it using a courier...but I won't breathe a sigh of relief til I have the box in my hand.
I've been playing with fabric in the spare moments (yes there are a few...foot tapping, waiting for the door bell to ring :) and have been experimenting with heat 'n bond lite. This year I've been trying out several techniques for appliqué including trying different stitches to raw edge and more traditional methods. In an earlier post I was trying raw edge with a machine button hole stitch, but I noticed at my LQS that someone had used a straight stitch to secure the edges...so that's what I'm going to do. ...might not get to it til January, but even fusing, cutting and pressing are great stress busters :)

No comments: