Tuesday, December 19, 2006
I've been playing with fabric in the spare moments (yes there are a few...foot tapping, waiting for the door bell to ring :) and have been experimenting with heat 'n bond lite. This year I've been trying out several techniques for appliqué including trying different stitches to raw edge and more traditional methods. In an earlier post I was trying raw edge with a machine button hole stitch, but I noticed at my LQS that someone had used a straight stitch to secure the edges...so that's what I'm going to do. ...might not get to it til January, but even fusing, cutting and pressing are great stress busters :)
Sunday, December 10, 2006
This year I tried something new...I lined the muffin tin with muffin cases as I found my pastry stuck in places last year and it worked very well. No trouble removing the pies and the pastry was cooked through. I use a large circle cutter for the base and a small star for the top.
Here's the finished pies...yummy! Great with a bit of cream or brandy butter!
Friday, December 01, 2006
1. What is your occupation? mother and quilter
2. What color are your socks right now? grey
3. What are you listening to right now? QNN (http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/)
4. What was the last thing that you ate? muller chocolate yoghurt
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes...learnt last year and I'm very pleased with myself
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Gold...precious, strong but easily marked in pure form.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My friend Kerrie
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Don't know her personally, but she's a quilter so she's got to be nice..
9. How old are you today? 35
10. Favorite drink? red wine...or coffee
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? none
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? yes...always a red shade...never blond!
13. Pets? No...have allergic family members
14. Favorite food? Dark Chocolate of the best quality
15. What was the last movie you watched? A shamed to say...but it was a made for TV movie called Model Behavior which starred Justin Timberlake (I watched it with my 12 year old daughter)
16. What was the last book you read? 12 Golden Threads by Aliske Webb
17. What do you do to vent anger? cry
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? my large chalk board (took up a whole wall in my room)
19. What is your favorite season, fall or spring? spring
20. Hugs or kisses? both
21. Cherries or blueberries? blueberries
22. Do you want your friends to blog you back? most of my friends don't blog
23. Who is most likely to respond? NA
24. Who is least likely to respond? NA
25. Living arrangements? Semi-detached house with husband and two daughters (3 almost 4 and 12)
26. When was the last time you cried? this morning when my daughter (3yr) told me I was her hero
27. What is on the floor of your closet? boxes of shoes
28. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? don't know
29. If there was a fire in your house what would you take with you? family photos and the computer
30. Favorite smells? fresh bread
31. What inspires you? anything quilt related
32. What are you afraid of? failure
33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheeseburger
34. Favorite dog breed? The one that doesn’t live with me.
35. Number of keys on your key ring? 3 keys, a scubbie, and a coin thing for the shopping carts at Lidl.
36. How many years at your current job? job? what job? :)
37. Favorite day of the week? Thursdays...always has been a favourite...not sure why
38. How many states have you lived in? zip...however I have lived in 2 provinces in Canada and 2 counties in England
39. Favorite holidays? bank holidays
40. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? no...but I've been on the back of a motorcycle twice
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Friday, November 24, 2006
Incidentally, the pattern is on my website for those that might be interested.